My site is designed as a resource for school staff, parents and community members interested in special education and student services information within the school district, the community and beyond. Our Special Education Team provides education and related services to approximately 470 children identified with many different forms of special needs. These students range from age 3 through 21.
In addition to special education, I am also the Summer School Coordinator. Through summer school we strive to provide a comprehensive Summer School Program that is viewed by the District as one means to expand, enrich and strengthen the overall educational process. During the summer, the District can provide students with expanded enrichment, remedial, and recreational learning opportunities that supplement the regular educational program.
In summary, the District believes that by sponsoring a Summer School Program, the District can:
- Expand the scope of learning opportunities available to students;
- Enhance and provide in-depth extension to the regular school year's educational, recreations, cultural, and social programs;
- Offer remedial instruction or continued instruction in the basics of reading and mathematics to students in need;
- Provide another educational setting for students to share ideas, interests, and knowledge;
- Offer students more opportunities to gain knowledge and learn in settings other than the classroom;
- Provide high quality transition programs for students transitioning to new buildings.
We also offer High School credit courses and swimming lessons at the Clara R. McKenna Aquatic Center. It is my personal goal to update this site with the most recent and useful information possible. Thank you for visiting this site, I sincerely hope you found it helpful.
Janene Beck-Hafner, Ph.D.